Rudd said “sorry” in 2008, how much has changed since then?
I’d like to see:
- Governments work with Indigenous leaders to build on the strengths of Indigenous communities and families, adapt skills and knowledge, build confidence, demonstrate self reliance and build a brighter future for individuals and communities.
- Constitutional recognition for Indigenous Australians.
- Support national, regional and local Reconciliation.
- Efficiently and properly funded and managed programs which ensure education, health and housing requirements to the same standard as every other citizen, and address the inequity which currently exists.
- Promote and support the Australian Curriculum that supports teaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and cultures.