More public transport use = less people on the road = less pollution = less traffic = less road maintenance costs and less stress = less road rage = happier people 🙂
- Efficient and reliable public transport with reduced public transport costs resulting in less road congestion and less pollution.
- Appropriate and proportionate security presence to ensure people feel safe, especially at night.
- Appropriate cleaning to ensure a healthy and safe travel environment.
- General WiFi integration, with data and recharging facilities available for each seat to allow people on the go to stay connected and enhance communication.
- Dynamic, audiovisual electronic communication announcement and facilities at transport stops to provide people with servicing information.
- Any public transport travelling to/within designated remote areas be fitted with publicly available emergency communications facilities.
- Solar and wind power generators installed wherever practical and arrangements be made to efficiently use the available renewably created energy.
- Community funded pushbikes and trikes could be made available to encourage and promote alternative, human powered, outdoor public transport options.
- Review existing and potential bike paths to ensure continuity and efficient, logical and practical pathway systems.